Saturday, March 31, 2012

Spring has sprung....kinda

I'm sitting here, cozy and warm, dressed in my sweats and clutching a cup of coffee, as the fire in our woodstove crackles and the rain patters softly on the lake outside...

...and yet last week, I was wearing short sleeves, capris and flip flops and enjoying my cold, delicious iced coffee?

This crazy weather. But ya know what, that's New England for ya!

Anyway, the introduction of warm and beautiful weather last week got me inspired for spring! I have lots of ideas floating around in my head for stuff I wanna make for the house (organizational and just plain crafty). Damn that, Pinterest. I'm going to go broke with everything I want to do/cook/make/see/etc. But that being said, I'm SO THRILLED I've gotten my creative mojo back. It's been gone for too long. I love my babies more than life ITSELF, however, being a Mommy to these two littles while maintaining our home and working part time, has certainly not left me with a lot of time for ME. SO to realize that I'm getting some of that back? It feels aaaaaaaa-mazing.  I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that both kids are much more independant now. Avery, at one, is a mover and a shaker and NEVER. STOPS. RUNNING.  She keeps me laughing every day. And just within the last couple of months Hunter's vocabulary has absolutely EXPLODED. He and I communicate so much better, resulting in way, way less tantrums and miscommunications. He is such a sweet and helpful little boy, very polite and eager to please!

Anyway, back to this bloggy business.  I started a new blog to keep track of my crafty delights. Mostly to have a place to record stuff I make/do but I also might post other people's creations, once in a while, that inspire me. And I WAS going to make THIS blog private, but you all had some valid points in the comments you left me. So I think I'm going to hold off on that for now.  If/when I decide to, I'll let you know. Anyway, feel free to pop over and visit at Tales of a Clumsy Crafter

 Hope you all are having a fabulous start to Spring!

1 comment:

Kat said...

Glad to hear you are having some you time and getting to do what you love again. Happy wife, (and mama) happy life! :)
Also glad you are not going private. It is so hard for me to keep up with the private blogs because they don't pop up in my google reader like the public blogs. :)