Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Back to work, baby!

WOO HOO!!

I'm going back to work next week!

I've determined after this almost full month of temporary lay-off, I don't think I'd be a very good SAHM. Heh heh. I think I have less patience WITHOUT having the time away at work. 

Is that horrible?

I seriously thought I'd love being home.  And in some respects, I really did! More time to organize and clean house, do laundry, actually having time to get errands and grocery shopping done in a more leisurely pace, cooking dinner (Big D does waaaaaaay more dinner cooking in this house, than I do) , time to do my crafting--
I LOVE how my bunting/pendant banner came out!
 ---and of course more time to spend with my babies.  AND then on days like yesterday where it was rainy and gloomy and I felt like being lazy and staying in my pjs all day--WE DID.

That was awesome and much needed.

But just like it was on my maternity leave after having Avery, Hunter has turned into a total CLING-ON. This kid is attached to me like a second skin and wanting "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy"!



I feel sorry for MY mom (who watches them) when I go back to work next week...she's probably going to have a couple of whiny days with her sweet little grandson.  And little Miss Avery has been a Mommy's girl from Day 1. And she is (STILL) teething and has been a tad miserable lately.


I seem to seriously have way less patience when I'm home with the kids all day, every day.   And I kinda feel guilty even saying that! I'm sure some people would think, "Hey, get over it. You're lucky to be a mom and enjoy your kids!"

But for those of you reading me right now who ARE moms, I'm sure you've all had these days! Right? Um, right?

And the other postive about going back to work (besides adult conversation that has NOTHING to do with pb&j for lunch and "who has a poopy diaper?"), I get to appreaciate THESE faces all the more when I come home to their beautiful little smiles:


My little flasher!



3 comments:

The Paschke Family said...

Let me start by saying RIGHT!! You are completely normal! Kids are fantastic and sometimes we all need a little space to appreciate and enjoy them fully :)

Good luck to your mum for their return! Have fun back at work :)

Kat said...

Yay! So glad you get to go back to work. I know that is a huge stress reliever to have job back again.
And yes, we all have days like that. If you are a stay at home mom you HAVE to find tiny little ways to keep your sanity (for me it is running and planting right now) and hopefully a very understanding spouse. ;)

Carrie27 said...

Are you going to be working at the same job?

I hope the kiddos adjust quickly to you going back to work.