Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Kick off to a (loooong) Labor Day weekend!

Good LORD, my last post was terribly depressing!

I've still had my moments here and there, but there is some good on the horizon. My "vacation" starts today...off from work now and not back till September 5th.  And we're camping with friends this weekend! 

And on top of that? The weather is absolutely GORGEOUS. 

As in, golden sunlight washing everything in it's happy glow, warm temps mixed in with the cool hint of Fall right around the corner...and I'm loving it!  Due to the cool early morning temperatures, I can literally FEEL Autumn gently creeping into the lingering shadow left by Summer.

So, what am I doing?  Why, making homemade apple sauce in the crock pot, of course!
I promise you, it smells a billion trillion times better than it looks in this crappy cell picture.
And it still has two more hours to cook!

The comforting scent of cinnamon is wafting deliciously through the air. And I am pinning everything pumpkin/foliage/Halloween related that I can find on Pinterest.  All mixed in with packing for camping this weekend. Shorts and tee shirts for the days and long pants and short sleeved shirts for the cooler nights.

I. CAN'T. WAIT.

It feels so good to finally have something to look forward to. 

My stress has certainly not gone away (we went to a not-so-great doctor's appointment for Daryl yesterday, and one of the patients at my work is terminal with cancer, bringing up waaaaaay too many sad memories of going through a similar situation with my Dad...but more on all of that later) however for a few days at least, I can try to "forget" about everything and just enjoy myself and my beautiful, SILLY family!


3 comments:

Sarah said...

I love fall too!!! Bring it on.

Kat said...

Yay for vacation! I love fall, but it always makes me kind of melancholy. Especially this year. BUT, I am planning on relaxing and enjoying our extended weekend up north this weekend.
Hope you have a wonderful time! :)

P.S. I love homemade applesauce. My boys have already started begging me to make it and fall hasn't even started yet. ;) The only way to go!

Carrie27 said...

Your vacation could not have come at a more perfect time.

I hope the days and nights are long.