Tuesday, September 04, 2012

A Passion for Pumpkin

Ummmm.....ok.

I've come to the conclusion that I have an obsession.

And I can't hide it any longer.

As soon as there are a couple of days straight (and some nights!) of cool, crisp morning air, and Dunkin and Starbucks come out with their Fall flavors, AND the Halloween decorations have hit the shelves...that's it...the obsession takes control of me! I get the shakes, my fingers are itching to touch them....
Obviously, my son shares this love! This pic is from last October 2011.


...and I JUST CAN'T FIGHT IT OFF!!!

PUMPKINS!!

If my latest pins on pinterest are of any clue, I'm very much in PUMPKIN-mode.


Pin
I want to drink it.
Pin


 

Pin
I want to eat it.
Pin

 
I want to roll in it.
Pin


I. MUST. HAVE. PUMPKIN-ANYTHING.

I had to run to the grocery store today to get elbow macaroni for the Slow Cooker Macaroni and Cheese I made for dinner (recipe to follow soon on my food recipe blog!) and for some reason...as if there was a homing device on those cans...found myself drawn inexplicably to the baking aisle where I stared longingly at the canned orange-y goodness.

I couldn't walk away. Two cans went immediately into my cart. For one thing, a certain Pumpkin Spice Latte recipe (in the crock pot!!!) is calling my name. I'm thinking maybe tomorrow afternoon or Friday I'll give it a whirl.  And maybe this weekend, some pumpkin cookies or scones!

So, am I crazy? Or is this a common obsession this time of year?

Last October 2011...my two boys checking out the 'punkins' at a local farm. Don't forget to support your local farms, people!

Do any of you share my passion for pumpkin????



1 comment:

Kat said...

I do love pumpkin, but probably not as much as you. And not this early. Maybe in October. But, you have made me SUPER hungry for some pumpkin torte my mom makes. Mmmmm. :)