Monday, October 01, 2012

"It's Halloween-time!"

It is officially "Halloween-time" (as my son calls it) in our house!



I'm so excited for the holidays! I swear, I'm like a big kid as soon as the first Halloween decoration hits the department stores.  It doesn't matter what store I'm in, I can NOT ignore the aisles of orange- fun!

And of COURSE, I've already decorated in my house. We dragged my three rubbermaid totes from storage about 2 weekends ago!

 
 
Am I done? Probably not. I've already redecorated my mantle three times. THREE times. It's a sickness, I tell ya.



And now that I have kids?

That doesn't help! Hunter LOVES skeletons (he thinks they are all pirates) and all things Halloween.

So he expects me to buy a decoration every time we go to the store. Who am I to disappoint?

Lest you think I'm spending billions on orange bling, I will set you straight. In addition to my Michael's app on my phone that leaves coupons at my fingertips, AND my scores at the Target $1 and $2 "dollar bins", I also LOVE GOODWILL!!!
Good Lord, how am I so late to the Goodwill party? I "found" them over the summer and I seriously can't leave with out at least $20 worth of treasures, each and every time I go.

Look at this adorable wooden pumpkin and ghost garland I got for $2.99! I seriously am in love with it's utter cuteness.

And this sweet pumpkin frame?

Yup, you guessed it. I got it from Goodwill this past (early) summer for like two bucks!

Anyway, I can't promise my house won't change "character" before Halloween hits...it's like n obsession that I can't shake...

 

Good thing my husband knows how "crazy" I am for the holidays.

He wasn't surprised to see that I've already started...ahem...moving living room furniture around to make room for our Christmas tree. Ha!



4 comments:

Bekah said...

Haha Jack thinks skeletons are pirates too!

Kat said...

Oh I LOVE it. I'm thinking of putting all of our decs up tomorrow. I LOVE my fall decorations and the kids have been begging for it for weeks already.
Such great decorations! You have great taste. I think the two of us could do some serious damage shopping for fall/Halloween stuff together. :)

The Paschke Family said...

Love all the decorations!!! I'm kind of glad that Halloween isn't that big over here, I think I'd spent a fortune on decorations :D

Carrie27 said...

We finally purchased more outdoor Halloween decorations this year, more of the friendly kind. Hubby wants all the scary stuff, but the kiddos like the happy ghosts and pumpkins (and so do I). LOL!