Sunday, December 23, 2012

Merry Christmas!!

After a pretty rough week here in CT, I'm ready for some holiday fun...ready for Christmas to work like a a salve on this open wound. 
 
We're ready for some family, food and fun.
 
My kids have been all hopped up on sugar and Hunter is eagerly anticipating the jolly, fat man in the velvet red suit to visit our home.  My shopping is pretty much DONEzo, minus some things I don't need to worry about until AFTER Christmas.
 
My baking is close to being completed (still need to do a Chocolate Chip Oreo Cheesecake...oh and probably some Candy Cane Fudge) with my kitchen overflowing in Peanut Butter Blossoms, Russian Tea Cake's, Spritz christmas trees and choclate (and sprinke!) dipped pretzel rods.
 
 Most of the gifts are wrapped (minus some Leap Frog stuff for the kids that i need to sync up to the computer and set up, first... and one gift for Big D that will be arriving from Amazon tomorrow, Christmas Eve!) so I won't have much last minute stuff to do!
 
I just remembered there ARE a couple of odds and ends I wanted to get before Christmas, so as soon as Daryl comes home from shopping for me, I'll run out to grab those. I have to get the kids their Christmas Eve jammies, a tradition I started from the first one WITH kids. ;-)
 
So now...I'm off to clean my mess of a house. The Christmas tree is pretty dead and dropping needles like CRAZY (second year in a row this has happened) and I'm sick of getting them stuck in my feet and rear end when I sit on the floor! If i don't pop back in before hand, FROM MY FAMILY TO YOURS...
 

 
...MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL, AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT!
 

2 comments:

Carrie27 said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

P.S. Your Spritz cookies look waaaay better than mine.

Kat said...

Well, it may be dead, but that tree sure is pretty!
Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!!!!! :)