Thursday, January 14, 2016

Hunter's Circus/Carnival 6th Birthday Party!

Wow, I haven't written in this blog in over a YEAR. Does anyone still come here anymore? I wouldn't blame you if you didn't! How BOOOOORING I've been!

So, let's just jump into it, shall we? I have a ton of parties and fun things to post about. Where to begin? How about with my little man's birthday party from last August, when he turned 6 years old (figure I should post this, before he turns 7 on me!). I must warn you, there are an INSANE amount of photos to follow and they were all taken on my cell phone. My regular camera broke before the party. SADNESS!

Hunter's Circus/Carnival Birthday Party!



This was my MOST favorite party to date. I loved EVERYTHING about it. The planning, the crafting, the decorations, the final outcome! The look of awe on Hunter's face when he walked in for the first time and saw what his Mommy was creating in the club house (near our home, that we rented).

My color scheme was red, blue, white and yellow. It looked SO bright and circus-y and fun!

The happy kids while Daddy blew up some last minute balloons for me. I didn't get a good pic of the cute "Step Right Up" sign I made above the outside door, unfortunately.

 On each table I scattered some fun circus animal face masks (that I *may* have bought over two years earlier, ahem, from the dollar bins (I think the bins are actually $1-3)  at Michael's Crafts. This party was supposed to happen a year or so earlier, but life happened. Better late then never!
 The red and white striped banner was from Oriental Trading Company. It was a HUGE garland that I cut in multiple places and I Had more then enough to play with.
Sorry for the dark picture, but the lighting in there was TERRIBLE. This was the gift table, to the left as you walked in. The clown pinata was just used for decoration. And I made the red, yellow and blue tissue tassel garland on this (and other) table(s). Also in the background you can sorta see the signs hanging up randomly on the wall that said stuff like "Admissions", "Step Right Up" etc. I got them from my cousin who threw her own daughter a circus party months before. I believe she got them from Oriental Trading Company.

 I had about four carnival games (that I made) for everyone to play. The idea was to award them tickets for each game which they cashed in at the prize table but I was so busy running around I never handed out the tickets. ;-)  There was Ring Toss, Bean Bag Toss, Knock 'Em Down and Spray Away.  I can tell you THE MOST favorite was Spray Away.




To the right of the front door I had a Photo Booth area set up with plenty of props including bow ties, clown wig, clown noses, necklaces,etc.

As you can tell, we had a lot of fun with it! 





The "Concession Stand" had some yummy snacks. I forgot to get a close-up pic and this picture is SO dark, which stinks, cuz I was most proud of this table--- but anyway it included: corn dogs, salted hot pretzels, watermelon slices, chips, Lemonade and Fruit Punch.


And Dessert table showcased Hunter's cake and cupcakes (made by me and my hubby) and some whirly pops and candy.





 The "cupcake stands" are just my square Pampered Chef dishes on top of empty coffee cans that I decorated all circus-y with paper, double sided table and an elephant I cut out  using my Cricut.
 The cake topper tent is also courtesy of my Cricut, with a number "6" candle and a tiny little elephant toy.
 This child would NOT smile normal NOR would he stop moving. Therefore every pic of him from that day is making this pained-looking "smile" and/or blurry. *SIGH*

But he did love his multi-colored layer birthday cake!

Now onto the prize table! I start planning my birthday parties usually about 6 months in advance but this one I had been planning even longer...so I sloooooowly accumulated everything I Needed from dollar bins, clearance items, craft stores, and my cousin's leftovers!. The prize table had items like circus peanuts (which looked like NO ONE HAD TOUCHED, after the party), squirt guns, dum-dum lollipops, mini little race cars (from the dollar store), striped candy sticks and mini gummy hot dogs (that my cousin didn't get to use up at her daughter's party), animal crackers, rainbow colored twizzlers, mini play dough containers, circus themed pencils, twirly straws and clown noses of course!




I know it's hard to read, but the chalkboard says "Put on a clown nose...Join the CIRCUS!"

More fun pics from the day, including the bounce house! We were lucky enough to borrow the bounce house from a family member who owns it!





















It was SUCH a fun party and I felt like a little kid through-out it all! I loved hearing the children all giggling and having an amazing time! Hunter told me it was the best birthday party he ever had. That makes it worth every minute I put into it!

No comments: